LG&E and KU Energy LLC, headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a diversified energy services company that is a member of the PPL (NYSE: PPL) family of companies.
One of the U.S.'s lowest-cost energy providers and an industry innovator, we operate in Kentucky, Virginia and Tennessee.
Our mission is to provide exceptional value and service to our customers.
- Continuous best-in-class customer satisfaction ratings of all Midwest-utilities
- Highly ranked among all U.S. utilities for efficiency through operational focus
- Leading utility in Kentucky — with a stable regulatory environment, steady demand growth, and reasonable returns on regulated assets
Regulated Utility Operations
Two utility businesses that are regulated in Kentucky by the Kentucky Public Services Commission.
- Louisville Gas and Electric Company, an electric and natural gas utility based in Louisville, serving customers in Louisville and 16 surrounding counties.
- Kentucky Utilities Company, an electric utility, based in Lexington, Ky., serving 77 Kentucky counties and five counties in Virginia.
They have a joint generation capacity of 8,300 MW and serve 943,000 electricity customers and 321,000 natural gas customers over a transmission and distribution network covering some 27,000 square miles. They provide some of the lowest-cost energy in the U.S. to industrial, commercial and residential customers.