Not sure if your organization meets the criteria? Take our Eligibility Quiz.
Criteria for Application
- Organizations must be recognized as tax-exempt under section
501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Organizations may submit a "Contribution Request Form" no more
than once a calendar year.
- Requests should have a clear statement of purpose and have no
avoidable duplication of services of other organizations in the same general area.
- Requests should fulfill specific needs within the four areas of focus and
generally do not include capital campaigns.
- Grantmaking in the area of Health and Human Services will be made
only to United Way.
- Requests may not involve direct support of raffles or prizes.
- The Foundation cannot receive any benefit from the donations it makes. Tables, honorary or celebratory programs/events, and other outings may be considered on a case-by-case basis from funds unrelated to the Foundation.
- Organizations should not be affiliated with religious organizations, unless the program benefits the overall community and does not solely support a specific religious doctrine.
- Organizations should not be affiliated with political, fraternal, or labor organizations.
- Individuals, pageants or travel expenses
- Organizations without an IRS 501(c)(3) designation
- United Way and Fund for the Arts agencies
- Political, fraternal, labor, or religious organizations/endeavors
- Capital campaigns
- Medical research or disease campaigns/walks
- Requests outside the Company's service territory
- Athletic sponsorships
To see if your organization qualifies for funding, please take our Eligibility Quiz.