Fuel Cost Comparison(as of 6/21/2012)
Electricity: LG&E Residential Electric Rate
Natural Gas: LG&E Residential Gas Rate
Propane/Fuel Oil: Kentucky State Averages from the Kentucky Division of Energy
1. What information is in these fuel-efficiency comparison charts?
2. What type of heat do you like?
3. How do I use the information in these charts?
4. Should I simply go with the fuel that costs less? What else should I consider?
5. Do I want my house to feel warm or room temperature in the winter?
6. Why are the costs of fuel converted to costs per million BTUs?
7. Why are the "efficiencies" of heating appliances different? Why don't I just use the differences in fuel costs to make comparisons?